Saturday, June 4

Game Review - Terminator: Salvation

 
    I started playing this game not too long ago, having found it in a bargain bin for real low cheap. As a fan of the first two terminator movies, I was always curious about Terminator Salvation, but I still haven't gotten around to watching it.

    I've played several Terminator games in the past, and to sum it up, they've all sucked hard. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines for the PS2 is simply horrid, Terminator: The Redemption is unfairly trial and error, and the NES game...the less said the better. Is this game any better?

    Right off the bat this game feels low budget and rushed. Even though most movie games now include at least some of the movie cast, you can tell right away that nobody from the movie was involved with the voices in the game. It's just your average cover shooter with weak friendly AI. You fight against several hovering robots before you reach a regular terminator. Here is where I had to stop playing for a while. Not because they were too difficult, but because I encountered some sort of crashing bug. The game crashed and I had to restart my PS3. I turned the game back on, tried to load my checkpoint, and it crashed again. Yup, within 3 minutes of gameplay, I encountered a crashing bug that forces me to restart my system every time I try to load the game.

10 out of 10.


    Well, deleting my saved game and restarting fixed the problem. Even so, it's a four hour game and the only multiplayer available is split-screen co-op. In other words, it's simply not worth the space on your shelf, even if you get it for free (that's coming from someone who owns both Superman for the N64 and Superman Returns for the Xbox 360.) It had potential, and the graphics fairly decent, but there's absolutely nothing special about this game. Honestly, I'm fairly disappointed that there wasn't more to make fun of here.

Two word review - skip it

No comments:

Post a Comment