Friday, March 5

Favorite Movies

    Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I've been a little sick. Anyway, if I'm going to have a blog about movies and games, I might as well post about the kinds of movies and games I enjoy. For this post, I'll talk about movies.

    Some of my current favorites are movies like The Dark Knight, Lord of the Rings trilogy, and Superman 1 and 2. Everything in this post about movies that always put me in a good mood would be included here as well. Most of my favorite childhood movies could be considered as quasi-favorites too; well, some of them anyway.

    I don't really have a favorite kind of movie.While I tend to watch action movies the most, I'm willing to watch nearly everything. I'll watch drama (some of my favorite movies are drama), I'll watch comedy, I'll watch chick flicks (yup, you read that right), and I'll watch kids movies...at least the good ones. I also enjoy a good cheesy movie every now and then; I guess you could say most chick flicks are cheesy, but so are half the superhero movies out there. Overall though, I've always enjoyed movies with well developed characters and stories the most. I pretty much always enjoy movies where you actually care about the characters and what happens to them. I've also always enjoyed unique movies with creative stories.

    I guess my least favorite kind of movie is the mediocre, bland, or otherwise just OK movie. I get bored very quickly in a movie that's just OK. There are exceptions, but for the most part I just can't stand these flicks. I'd almost rather watch a painfully bad movie like Garb...no, actually I'd rather not. In case you're wondering what movie I'm talking about, don't worry, it's my next review.

    Beyond that, I also enjoy bad movies every now and then. Enough so that I've hosted Bad Movie Nights every now and then. My favorite bad movie is Plan 9 From Outer Space, but Troll 2 is a close second. Yeah, I know those are the two everyone knows about, but there's a reason they're still popular today. Of course, there are bad movies that I don't enjoy, like Garbage P...no, can't say it yet.

    So there you have it, my favorite kinds of movies, and a small list of my current favorites. I'll most likely post about my favorite games sooner or later, but my next post will be a review of Garbage Pai...if I can recover  myself enough from that disaster soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment