Sunday, January 31

Horrible Special Effects

Special effects can be awesome. They can bring you further into a movie when well done, sometimes even being the main draw to a movie. On the other hand, they can be really poorly done. Sometimes it's funny, other times it's just so bad it rips you right out of the experience. Here's a bunch of really bad special effects.

Shark Attack 3 - a shark attack somewhere in the movie. It's just embarrassing. I've never seen the movie myself, but it looks like nothing but a Jaws rip-off.

Are You Afraid of the Dark? - wow, worst outline I've ever seen. I don't even know how to comment on this one. "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" is a TV show I've never heard of until seeing this clip.

Metamorphisis.-  More of a bad costume than a bad special effect, but still. Also, why does this dinosaur sound like a T-Rex?

Superman 4 - Sorry, couldn't find any clips of this, so I'll have to describe them as best as I can. Firstly, this movie contains the most unconvincing blue screen shots ever. There's one shot in particular where Superman flies toward the screen, which you see seven or eight times during the movie. I counted three times when I could see the wires lifting people up. Anyway, since I can't provide a good example, here's another ridiculous scene from the movie. Yup, you saw that right, breathing in space.

Bloody Predator (warning, language in clip) -  Worst...cgi...ever. Seriously, wow! I love it how the girl never runs out of ammo in this video. Contains some really great fire effects too...NOT!


Anyway, that's all for now. I may do this again, or at least something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment